Monday, November 14, 2005

I come from Hong Kong 13 years ago....

Ya the title suggest, i've been in Singapore for 13 years.

okok, today is 14th november, and tmr is 15th november. On the 15th november 1992, my family took a certain UA flight, departed Hong Kong's Kai Tak International Airport and arrived at Singapore Changi International Airport. In these 13 years alot of things have changed. To name a few, Kai Tak is no more, now is Chek Lap kok international airport. HK no more under british rule also, now is HK SAR, under china.... UA, on the verge of bankrupt and so on so on.

So in this entry, i just list a few things that being a Hong-Konger in Singapore that I dislike. Actually if i dun tell people that my name is Lo Hok Him and Lu XueQian in chinese, pple generally dunno that i'm from HK....

First, all the people after knowing tt i'm from hk, they'll ask me hk and s'pore, which one better? This question is a completely 阴险 one. How you supposed me to answer??? You expect me to say hk better so u will be pissed or wan me to betray my motherland by saying s'pore better? Siao... and obviously each has her own merits and so on, you expect me to tell you one by one? and when i say hk is better then these pple will start saying not really, bla bla bla.... stupid ass...

Second, this is another annoying question... " Where do you stay in HK? " Wah biang eh, as if you know the places in hk. even i tell you i stay in 香港島 - 鰂魚涌 you knwo where meh? huh u know where meh? Ask for the sake of asking. this typical fools thought that they know places like 旺角 and 尖沙咀 then they know every places in Hk... boliao...

Thrid, pple will start saying wah, u from hong kong ah, then ur mahjong shld be very good... Then i will just tell them i dun play, then they will give me the- I'm so SUPPLIES look, saying oh hk pple dunno how to play mahjong, thought every hk guy shld play veyr lihai, tv always show. Hey brother, why dun nxt time u see Japanese then u go and ask them their sex life very exciting cos AV and Hentai always show jap pple generally do nothing except having sex... Siao...

Forth, people will say, oh you from hong kong ah?? Teach me cantonese leh.... Hey brother, how to teach you? you paying me? do i look like a professonal cantonese tcher?? u wan me to speak cantonese to you in front of other pple. tt's so weird. Pls stop making ridiculous and brainless request la.... even i speak cantonese to you, you wont be able to learn.

Fifth, I hate pple who spell my name wrongly. For your info, my name is Lo Hok Him. It's a cantonese translation from the chinese word 盧學謙. Everytime i go do wateva thing like applying library card, counter staff helping me filling in forms and bla bla, even i present my IC, they'll just happily spell my name wrongly. There are a lot of variations, Low Hok Him, Loh Hok Kim, Lo Hock Ghim bla bla bla bla, permutate all these yourselves la... Can you pls get the stupid hokkien mentality out of ur peanut brain or not? not everyone in s'pore is hokkien lang, and especially when i present u my IC, just copy from it la. I just suffer silently about pple mis-spelling my name. But in army, i screw the clerks upside down for mis-spelling it man!!!

Sixth, pple thought that i am 1 or 2 year older than pple of my same batch.... They always said pple migrate from hongkong always need to retain 1 or 2 years cos they cannot speak english!!! Let me tell you this, i born in 1984, i did not retain like other hk pple. the reason is, listen carefully. BECAUSE I AM SMART. though i cannot speak english very well, i can write better than most.... with tonnes of gramatical errors and limited vocabs though.

Seventh, oh u not born in s'pore, why u need to do NS?? Stupid question... Go and read your own country's law and constitution or wateva related stuff la. All male PR also required to do NS, only 1st generation immigrant being exempted. I am considered 2nd....

Eighth, why dun you stay in hk? Hey like i have a choice. I was 8 when my father decided on migration. I can choose?? yo expect my family in s'pore and an 8 yo boy staying alone in hk? think b4 you ask.

Ninth, stop calling me honkie, if not i will call u singf**k. But i dun mind you all calling me honkytonk, it sound so cute rite?

Last, oh, u are from hk, u saw all the superstar??? Another no-brainer. You stay in s'pore, so u must have seen stefanie sun, JJ Lin, A-du, Moses Lim and annabel Chong la.... Once last time, i saw Tony Leung Chiu wai b4. once. ok?? happy?

Actually i think i am more of a singaporean than a hong kong guy... afterall i spent only 8 years in hk and 2 of them as a baby knowing nothing. but my growing up and all my friends are in s'pore.... But of course i am proud of my origin also la....

Song of the Day : 東方之珠 by 羅大佑

For those who dunno, dong fang zhi zhu is hong kong...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who are the funky ones


links


ZX Seow
Jiamin
Huiwen
Xingjuan
Sianying
Zining

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]