Friday, May 13, 2005

sucky friday the 13th :/

For the past few days, the ratio of me spending time stoning in front of the notebook to the time I was actually working has been at least 3:1 (i.e 6:2 hrs/day)... Considering I did so little work, I'm more like an overpaid cheap labour rather than an exploited cheap labour...haha

As usual, today after lunch, my friend (another NTU intern) and I got nothing to do. We always try to take initiative to ask ard if we can help them in anything but the response is always "Sorry, I dun have anything for u to do"... Poor 2 of us gotta stuck in office while the smu guy is already on a project and we haven't seen him in office for 3.5 days.

This friend of mine is already very buay song with the job scheduling and the whole system in this unit despite being here for only a couple of days... This morning, she already wrote a complaint letter to her NTU supervisor. This afternoon, the two of us juz sat there stoning...we were so bored that we started playing bingo and connection!

After some games, we started rotting again...time really passed very slowly... Then, she started to break down in tears silently. I was surprised she was the emotional type... She was angry with the sucky treatment she got as an intern here. Sensing that something was wrong and both of us looked really bored, the senior (A) sitting in front of me approached us, passed us an audit file of a client which my friend will be involved in next mon and told us to look thru it. After some time, A asked my friend to send some documents down to the printing room...Seemingly, my friend gave A a very 不爽 look. Coz 1stly, A shld have passed her the file to read earlier and not till 5pm and now, she had to run the errands...When my friend was away, A came up to me n said rather sternly, "What's wrong with your friend? Pls tell your friend that being an intern, u all shld do whatever is instructed. U all should take the initiative to ask seniors if they need any help from u all...just like what the graduate assistants did..." (note: a senior is ranked higher than a graduate assistant). Wth! We do ask ard yet the response is always negative... Can't we even express our dissatisfaction? When my friend came back, I told her abt this. She was so pissed off that she nearly exploded and wanna argue with A on the spot... On a 2nd thought, she has to work with A next wk so better not do anything rash and make the working relationship worse...

Now, there are 9 more long weeks to go...sigh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who are the funky ones


links


ZX Seow
Jiamin
Huiwen
Xingjuan
Sianying
Zining

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]