Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Over the Rainbow

*Surprise* I'm beginning to like working in my unit!

I finally went on a job, i.e visit a client, yesterday. The client is a consulting firm with several associated companies. Nowadays there is an increasing number of companies which set up inter-companies that have no staff so they simply function as billing centres. My client happened to be one such company. We have our own room in this office, as compared to some companies which only give auditors a miserly small cubicle to work in. We also can get free flow of canned drinks from the fridge.

Yesterday I went there with a senior ("B") and today with B and a GA (also my buddy "C"). Considering we are paid by the client, of course it is right that we have to go there and make our presence seen. Seriously, B and C have already prepared whatever work papers they could do, given the limited documents provided by the client. Thus, we were just there to act busy and maybe pressure the management to make payment/give us what we need.

Guess I'm quite lucky to work with both B and C who are friendly people. They teach me stuff like how auditors generally work, the various types of work papers to prepare, the proper filing of documents etc. They answered FAQs on kpmg, audit or other big 4 firms. They also shared their experiences, bitched abt other colleagues in the unit, complained abt auditing work/clients etc... Some incidents were quite funny. We juz spent our time chatting away and we had almost 2.5 hrs lunch break today. After lunch at bugis junction, we juz chilled out at coffee bean nearby b4 returning to client's place. How relaxing. What a great way to charge my working hours as well. Through them, I can really keep myself updated abt the other colleagues and of coz the gossip in office...haha! Such conversations certainly will make my internship more interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who are the funky ones


links


ZX Seow
Jiamin
Huiwen
Xingjuan
Sianying
Zining

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]