Friday, July 15, 2005

A Close Shave!

This evening ard 7.40pm, I was at Coronation Plaza UOB depositing cash using the machine and what horrifying scenes I witnessed juz when I was about to leave!

2 bangla look-alike men were fighting juz along the narrow corridor <3m outside UOB which happened to be located at 1 corner. One man was punching and kicking the other repeatedly...The other was shouting in pain and tried to dodge but his head was already bleeding and there was lotsa blood on 1 side of his face. Damn gross!!! The abuser scolded the victim loudly in a language I can't understand. He was very angry and looked really fierce! I was shocked. I was at the entrance/exit and both of them were fighting <2m in front of me. I couldn’t think less and my 1st instinct was to retreat into the ATM area. I took out my hp and wanted to call the police.

Just as I took out my hp, I saw the victim struggling hard to escape from the beatings. He ran towards the direction of UOB and nearly wanted to come into the enclosed ATM area!!! Oh my god! I was scared coz that was the only exit. What’s worse was I was ALONE inside!!! Immediately, I ducked into 1 corner of the area but still near the door. At that moment, I was praying so hard that they wouldn't come in, otherwise I would surely have nowhere to escape! The victim nearly wanted to enter. I thought “Shucks! Somebody pls help me!”. I dare not move at all. His hands were already on the sides of the originally opened door (those pull-and-push types) and the beater was juz behind him! Gosh! Guess he heard my helpless pleas and still had the conscience of not wanting to involve the innocent, he fleed towards his right and ran towards the main road. What a relief for me! I couldn’t imagine what would happen, especially of me, if they fought inside the small UOB area and blocked my exit!

As the victim ran towards the main road, the beater still wouldn’t give up. He kept on chasing the victim who wanted to cross the road but in vain. The victim u-turned and ran towards the bus-stop where 157 bus stopped and many commuters were queuing to board the bus. The beater who was in another lane continued to run after him. Then, the victim squeezed thru the queue and boarded the bus!!! The passengers onboard must be damn shocked to see an injured man with a bloody face too. What’s more, the bus was already quite crowded.

The chaser wanna board the bus too but the bus driver immediately closed the doors. He was left with no chance of boarding the bus. He then cursed loudly with lotsa hand gestures pointing at the victim. Onlookers were dumbfounded. Shortly, the abuser ran towards the direction of Hwa Chong… I guess he was running to the next bus stop outside Hwa Chong, in an attempt to catch up with the 157 bus later. He appeared to be persistent in getting back at the victim. The bus was still at the spot. After a few seconds, the bus drove off and I wondered what happened after that…

Eventually, I came out of the UOB area safely. Later, I learnt that the security guard of Coronation Plaza had already called the police but the ambulance only arrived after quite some time.

What a close shave! This is indeed a tense and thrillful yet horrifying experience before Saturn, the planet that prodded and pressed, tested and challenged me since June 2003, finally leaves Cancer tmr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who are the funky ones


links


ZX Seow
Jiamin
Huiwen
Xingjuan
Sianying
Zining

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]