Friday, January 28, 2005

SAF Officer, 1 year on and looking back!!!

I am an officer of the Singapore Armed Forces.

My duty is to lead,
To excel,
And to Overcome.

I Lead my man by example.
I answer for their training,
Morale,
And Discipline.

I must Excel in everything I do.
I serve with Pride,
Honour,
And Integrity.

I will Overcome Adeversity with
Courage,
Fortitude,
And Determination.

I dedicate my LIFE to Singapore!!!!

The above is the Officer Creed. On this very day last year, I, together with my fellow mates of the 51/03 Officer Cadet Course stood on the SAFTI Parade Square, commssioned by S.R. Nathan as an officer of the Singapore Armed Forces.

That was my happiest day last year!!! I have to thank all the instructors and fellow cadets in Foxtrot Wing giving me this very extraordinary 10 months of experience. Now, one year had passed, I'm quite regret that i didn't put in any effort to maintain contact with my fellow buddies in OCS.

Another regret is that I actually went to the Commission Ball alone, didn't invite any partner!!! That's quite stupid right?? Though i ate 2 shares of everything, quite happy at that time, but now come and think of it, quite sad case la!!!! The night could be better besides just eating!!!!

Anyway, after serving as an Officer for 1 year, i dun think i've fulfilled my duty due to the injury. It's just damn screwed up la!!! Seeing my course-mate being promoted to LTA and i'm stucked at 2LT, it's damn sian man!!!! Who asked me to get injured and cannot take my 2nd year IPPT???

ANywa, i am very glad that i have the privilege to be an officer!!! It makes my NS life so much more meaningful. Not because of the year tt i served as officer, but of the experience, the training and hardship we had during OCS.

I will always remember 28th Jan 2004.

1 Comments:

Blogger zxseow said...

It's not too late to make amends about being alone. *solemn face*.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who are the funky ones


links


ZX Seow
Jiamin
Huiwen
Xingjuan
Sianying
Zining

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]