Friday, February 11, 2005

New Year Resolutions by LHH!!!

Hmmm.... This is a very old topic and shld be written about earlier in the year!!! However, at that time i did not want to have a content-clash with other people, so i've waited till the lunar new year to write my new year resolutions!!!

Below are 7 things that i would wish to accomplish in the year 2005. Why 7??? Cos 7 is a perfect number inthe Bible, so i choose 7 la!!! I think i would presents them in the osk style, gauging wat's the percentage that the task could be done by year end!!!

No 1 : Make a trip back to Hong Kong (東方之珠)!!!

Possibility : 100%

Reason : Haven't gone back to my place of birth for almost 4 years. I think it's time to go back to visit and entertain my relatives. At the same time I haven't been to my grandparent's grave. So it's about time to go back 尽孝心.

Of course i would want to check out Hong Kong's changes in the past few years!!! Visit some of the old places in Hk that i have fond memories of and eat all the nice food there!!! Most likely i would be going back either in the period after i ORD till Uni starts or the end of year break!!! If anyone wanna tag along with me to go Hk for a short holiday, tell me man!!! I can be your free tour guide and accomodation and food might be free too!!!!

No. 2 : Recover from the double injureis

Possibility : 90%

Reason : Need not to explain!!! Who wouldn't want to recover from bad injureies?? Haiz... Might need another operation on the left ankle!!! It means that i might not be able to run or play soccer for the near future!!! Therefore dream of being part of 4E starting XI to face other team on the field and running the Standard Chartered Marathon gotta be put on hold!!!

Anyway recovery is not certain!!! My physio once said that i will not be getting well on the rate i work!!! I too lazy to do all the bloody physio exercise liao!!! Just hope that i am 年轻力壮 so the knee and ankle can recover by itself!!!

No. 3 : Become a Mugger in Uni!!!

Possibility : 75%

Reason : I think i've never been a mugger whole of my life!!! I like to think that i sort of under-performed during A lvl, mainly due to my laziness and other factors as well.... So i think being the last 4 years of my studying life, i shld do myself justice by studying hard and get a respectable honour!!! Especially in Engineering, i think must get a good honour to distinguish myself by the thousands of other engineers around.

But no matter how hard i would like to mug, i think it's not easy for a slacker to turn into a mugger immediately!!! So rating it at 75% is a bit too high, but i really want myself to turn into a mugger, so must rate higher!!!

No. 4 : Kick my anyhow spend habit

Possibility : 60%

Reason : Since going to the army, I sort of becoming financially independent from my mother!!! And have more than enough to spend, bought quite a lot of luxury items that were actually quite meaningless!!! Now looking back, it's a total waste of money!!! I would flag for a cab by instinct when i get frustrated waiting for bus. I think it's about time to kick away this free-spending habit!!!

Chance of kicking this habit shld be relatively high la!!! Once i have no money to spend, i will auto kick away this habit liao, so no fear. HAHA!!! but of course i will try my best to achieve this mission before my account dries out!!!

No. 5 : To have a GF???

Possibility : 20%

Reason : Why the chance so high??? Shld be lower lor!!! but then my sis told me on 大年初一 that she read from 3 different sources that Rat, Taurus in the month of April, O+ bloodtype guys with no GF before will be highly likely to have one in the year of chick!!! Isn't that ME???? That's why i up my chance to 20%. HAHA!!

Am i that bloody desperate to have a gf?? Not really la actually. But then i dun wan to wait until nxt time go out to work then start to have gf lor!! Abit too late liao!!!! And i think 21 is the right age!!! However i am the super humji type that i will never go and jio a girl!!! And i'm NOT the the type that girls will like!!!! So the chance of success is very low!! but this is not very high on my priority also... so nvm!!!!

No. 6 : To recite at least 2 respectable piano piece

Possibility : 10%

Reason : Cos of my smelly face and uncultured look, when i tell pple that i have grade 8 piano and music theory, no one wants to believe me. Then they'll jump at every chance to ask me play a song if a piano is available!!! But then i've not been playing it since sec 3. How am i supposed to convince them??? So i think by mastering and be able to recite at least 2 pieces of certain standard shld be able to convince my doubters....

But then it'll not be easy. My fingers are already quite rusty!!! only start to play the piano more after my injury stopped me from any other activities!!! However it's really no easy task so chance of completing it is damn low..... And i wld not spend too much time on it also... so yup....

No. 7 : Winning Singapore Sweepstake 1st prize!!!!

Possibility : 0%

Reason : Getting a bit crappy. Just to think of some rubbish to make up 7 things!!! But who wouldn't want to 发一笔横财?? $ 2 million leh!!!! If i really get the 1st prize, i would be a rich kid liao, lead a happy life ever after!!!

No matter how low the chance is, it shldn't be zero right??? But then to win the 1st prize for me is really no chance!! Cos i dun even buy the sweepstakes ticket!!! So the chance is zero!!!

What for wasting $3 per month on a dream that will never come true??? By not buying sweepstake or toto or 4D, i think it's a few dollars saved instead of chances being wasted.



So I've completed my New Year Resolutions for 雞年. ARGH!!! I hate CNY, always so sian nothing to do.............



2 Comments:

Blogger zxseow said...

No. 5 No. 5 No. 5!!!

8:53 PM  
Blogger TYS Wayne said...

HH, I totally agree with you on 3... I too going to becum a 'chao mugger' lor...

As for no. 5, getting a gf is not difficult, but then maintaining 1 is tiring lor....

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who are the funky ones


links


ZX Seow
Jiamin
Huiwen
Xingjuan
Sianying
Zining

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]