Sunday, May 08, 2005

Kim -> Purpose in Life? I dunno leh!!!

Ok…actually I wanted to blog about what happened this afternoon one, but I was rushing to meet the guys to buy bangzhi birthday presents and chill out, so yah, here I’m back home again and reflecting on the incident that happens this afternoon. Ok…this afternoon after I finished swimming at Bukit Batok Swimming pool, I was waiting for the bus to go home at the 176 bus stop just before the commonwealth sec school bus stop…yah…then I saw this father and his two daughters carrying big bags of don’t know what stuff alighting from a bus at the stop opposite me, so yah…after glancing at them for a while I continue waiting for my bus liao…then I noticed that the father sort of run and walk across the road towards the dust bin beside me at the bus stop I was at, so I did not figure out what the hell he’s doing until he picked up a soft drink can from the dustbin, smiling to himself and running back across the road to join his two daughters who were sitting on the bags and waiting for their father. After that, I saw them making their way towards the HDB blks liao..yah…so this image struck me as I was thinking to myself why was the father smiling when he picked up the soft drink can, its not like its some treasure so y? It then dawned on me that because the father realized that the one more soft drink can that he picked up means that he will earn a few cents more which will go towards supporting his two young daughters and even though they were leading a hard life, his two daughters were also helping out with him, not ashamed of themselves, their father or what they were doing for a living… it make me realized that the happiness of a person depends on how he looks at life and what purpose does one seeks in his life. The father make it his own responsibility and his purpose in life to support his two daughters through their education, hoping that they will succeed in life later on…so he is happy that he is doing that and he also got the support of his two daughters, that's y he is happy and smiling.

So, actually if you look beyond all the material things and focuses on what you are doing now, are you really happy? What's your purpose in life? For me, frankly speaking, I’m still searching for that. So yah, that's all from me and b4 I end I just hope that the father whoever you are, I wish you good health and to his two daughters, I wish that you will have a successful life in the future.

Current Mood: Reflective

Current Song: One Night in Beijing by Cheng Sheng

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who are the funky ones


links


ZX Seow
Jiamin
Huiwen
Xingjuan
Sianying
Zining

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]