Sunday, December 26, 2004

Food for thoughT

Merry Christmas, and an early Happy New Year. May the lady of luck shines for the coming new year, and the best of wishes to all.

Guys... ORD is jus around the corner for the majority of us. I believe we'll continue our 6 yrs long tradition of buffet feasting at some fancy restaurants on special occasions. I have little idea about the plans most of you have in mind for ORD dinner, but here I do have a rather different place to introduce... a place which may not be so well know of but in my opinions a rather good place for functions.

Anyone here a regular customer of Fullerton Hotel? If so, you must have noticed this bar/cafeteria like restaurant named TOWN at the hotel lobby, facing Cavenagh Bridge across S'pore River. Well, I've just been there this evening for what I believe to be one of the most sumptous western dinner in my life. In this grand restaurant, I got to enjoy a main course from a choice of 4 not so common dishes. The dishes were well done, very unique and taste great... something that must have came out of the skills of renowned chefs. To top that up, dinners gets to enjoy a buffet of western salads, cookies & cakes, delicacies & minor dishes from all over the world as well as a variety of tropical fruits. The buffet table alone holds around 30 different trays of food and 10+ toppings, dressings. All this for a price of $48, a price comparable to other grand buffets like Gengis Khan, Parise ete.

From my observations, its a rather classy restaurant... visted largely by ang mohs and other Westerners. Social ettiquette is somewhat practiced but dinners are allowed to party, esp. if they are seated at the balcony. The environment is also heart soothing and romantic for it stands on some historic ground, within a grand hotel and its balcony overlooking S'pore River. I dunno what you guys think of my suggestion, but I do think it is something worth trying.

@==[///ZLR////

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who are the funky ones


links


ZX Seow
Jiamin
Huiwen
Xingjuan
Sianying
Zining

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]