Friday, December 31, 2004

What an ending to the year.

The wind caressed my face softly. A sweet and chocolatey scent trickled my nose hair, waking me up from sleep. I took time to orientate myself and much to my disappointment, I am sitting in a Land Rover in the middle of Tuas having my outfield training. I began to feel hungry and so I took out a pack of combat ration (spicy chicken pasta) and started eating. It tasted cold and gooey. It was just like any other ordinary ride, until we reached the range in pasir laba. For some reason, the driver slammed on the brakes and sends everything in the vehicle flying. As I was thrown/flying to the front of the rover, I lost grip of that pack of ration and it flew even further upfront. The food splattered across the windscreen like blood on a butcher's knife and onto His Majesty's throne(the officer's seat). Nobody felt like eating after this incident...
Anyway, Starhub is allowing cash donation to the tsunami victims through redemption of their rewards point. I saw tv reports on this tragedy in the region and what struck me was our proximity to them. It is difficult knowing how we are indulging in the comforts of our lives yet our neighbouring countries are struggling in their rescue efforts and coping with their losses. Indeed, what a sombre end to an eventful year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who are the funky ones


links


ZX Seow
Jiamin
Huiwen
Xingjuan
Sianying
Zining

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]